Hi,

Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> but according to this link there is 2.0.0.7 for linux:
>>> <http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-2.0.0.7&os=linux&lang=en-US>
>>>

>>> Yes, I agree that this can be only windows bugfix, but it'll be better
>>> if we keep up with the versioning scheme.
>>>
>> 2.0.0.7 was a Windows only release. The reason there is a Linux 2.0.0.7
>> version from upstream is simply to show that Linux is not behind
>> Windows. I see no reason to provide a 2.0.0.7 package right now just for
>> the sake of it. It would be simply binary identical.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>

> Which, to me, what you stated is simply illogical - otherwise the people
> at Mozilla.org would also be stating, and doing nothing, as you just did.

"Although only Windows appears to be vulnerable we will be releasing on
all platforms to avoid confusion about what the most recent version is."
This is the statement I know from the Mozilla Corporation.

> Irrespective of the above, even though I do allow SuSE to install a copy
> of Firefox as part of the normal SuSE installation, I always install,
> and use, the version of Firefox, and Thunderbird, from Mozilla.org and
> doing so I always know that I am up-to-date with the latest versions
> because they update themselves (and any themes/extensions) from
> Mozilla.org.

The RPM version also updates themes and extensions but obviously no new
application.
You can do whatever you want but at least I take my responsiblity for
the mozilla buildservice repository pretty serious. So usually (as long
as I'm alive and doing that repo) you can expect that you don't have to
wait longer for security fixes and the most recent features when
updating from that repo.

Wolfgang