Dennis E. Slice schreef:

> "filename.xls could not be opened, because the associated helper
> application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences."
>
> I can't find a place to change it, and besides .doc and .xls files (and
> I assume .ppt) automatically open just fine from the desktop. Just not
> from within Thunderbird.

In TB: Edit>Preferences>Attachments>View&Edit actions

or something like that, since I'm backtranslating the Dutch translations. :-)

The file associations that TB uses are not linked to those of KDE (or Gnome)
which is what you see on your desktop.

Regards,
--
Jos van Kan                registered Linux user #152704