Anders Johansson skrev:
> On Saturday 06 October 2007 10:26:40 Lars Norén wrote:
>> Hello everybody. After updating from openSUSE 10.2 (32 bit) to the
>> gorgeous green 10.3 and restoring the backup from a USB-hdd, all
>> filenames (.doc-, .odt-, .rtf- and .pdf-files) in a folder on the
>> HTTP-server are lowercase -- is there a way to make them uppercase
>> again? The files are in a lot of subfolders but there is only one level
>> of subfolders. I've Googled for 'uppercase filename linux suse' but
>> didn't find anything I could use. I'm thankfull for any tips, tricks or
>> hints. /Lars
>
> What filesystem do you use on the usb hard drive?

vfat.

> It sounds like it has a windows file system which is being mounted with a
> mount option to make all file names lowercase

I've used it in openSUSE 10.2 and then the file names were uppercase. I
guess something is changed in 10.3, somewhere...

> Next question: why would anyone want to have filenames in all-uppercase?

Yeah, I know, it would have been a lot smarter to name the files after
the corresponding id-number in the database, instead I choose to name
them after the course code (it's a system for managing syllabuses). It's
a long story... And there is (or perhaps was) at least one good reason
for it :)

/Lars