On Tuesday 09 October 2007 14:47, Aniruddha wrote:
> Thank you for your answer. Do you happen to know why smart is able to
> make these dependency adjustments automatically?

Are you actually comparing the same scenarios?

Dependency problems are something no user likes to be confronted with. So we
try to resolve as many of them as possible. The ones that are left are the
ones that get reported to the user. If we knew any reasonable way (that works
in every case, not just in some) to handle them automatically, we would.

Could you come up with some real dependency problems you were confronted with
and with some suggestions how to handle them automatically? Hint: You can
export the problem report to text file from that dialog's "Expert" menu
button; you could paste the result here. This kind of discussion becomes very
abstract really quickly without real examples.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Penguin by conviction.
YaST2 Development