Clayton wrote:

>>> This looks nuts!  Many of us have no convenient (or any) access to
>>> characters like this.  I can do some of them in a word-proceesor,
>>> but certainly not in e-mail or Google, etc.  Whose dumb idea was
>>> this, anyway?
>>
>> But I can, and so can all or most of my compatriots. Remember I was
>> talking about the .es top domain name.
>>
>> See: áéíóúàèìòùâêîôûäëïöüñÁÉÍÓÚÀÈÌÒÙÄËÏÖÜÂÊÎÔÛçÇñÑ
>> and more: ćǵḱĺḿńṕŕśẃź
>
> I can understand why people would want these localized characters in
> their domain names.  It totally makes sense from a localization
> aspect.

I would have said it makes total sense from any aspect.  What never made
much sense was not being able to name my domain name using my own
national language and alphabet.

> On the other hand, I also really sympathize the frustration Doug
> expressed.

No problem, it's easily dealt with - I'll send him a Swiss keyboard.
We've got tons of unusual characters to deal with.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.