On Tuesday 02 October 2007 16:52:44 Matthew Stringer wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2007 15:17:55 CyberOrg wrote:
> > On 10/2/07, Matthew Stringer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I want to be able to boot a diskless server via PXE into linux with
> > > DHCP that will then run a simple bash script that uses SSH (tagged onto
> > > the startup scripts), once run I want the machine to shut down, don't
> > > want it to attempt to install anything onto the machine or do anything
> > > fancy. As this will be repeated with various servers I want the boot
> > > kernel to be as generic as possible so to maintain compatibility.
> >
> > See http://en.opensuse.org/LTSP
> >
> > Install kiwi-ltsp packages, remove ldm, and ltsp-client from the
> > config.xml, put your scripts in
> > /usr/share/kiwi/image/ltsp/suse-10.3/root/etc/init.d, insserv your
> > script through config.sh.
> >
> > After configuring /etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp according to your server
> > config, run kiwi-ltsp-setup -s.
> >
> > Boot up your client.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > -J
>
> Promising cheers, however:
>
> Matthew

What kind of machine do I need for this, although I'm not getting an error it
sits there for about 90 minutes on my 2GHz machine and the crashes, need to
reset the PC to get back up and running?

Anyone recommend an alternative to this (even if it's not running SUSE), need
to find a solution that works.

Matthew