On Tuesday 09 October 2007 13:56:33 Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
> So far, I'd say the community got its fair share. openSUSE as a community
> project would not exist if it hadn't been for Novell management to allocate
> the funds for constantly ongoing (!) involvement.

That is so true.

When I joined SUSE, after two days, I learned about this project to open the
complete distribution. It was driven by very few people, with lot of energy.
At the begining, not having more resources it was just a wiki. But the wiki
and this wonderful people did more noise than Metallica's concerts.

Today, we are further than that. This dream has grown like a monster. Today
openSUSE has a name in the organization chart and the project is so big,
noisy and cool. Things like the build service are _unique_, and none of these
things would have been possible without Novell.

Duncan