Petr Mladek wrote:
> On Thursday 11 October 2007, Daniel Feiglin wrote:
>
>> The directory /usr/share/ooo-2.2/share/config does not exist (among
>> others). But where does it come from? (The yast install from the repo
>> did not keep the rpm's. I think that for 2.2 I d/l'ed them myself to my
>> local repo & let yast take it from there.
>>
>> I am beginning to suspect more and more that there are some directory
>> structure differences between 2.2 and 2.3, and the best bet might be a
>> complete uninstall, cleanup and re-install.
>>

> The package OOo-2.3 is split into more pieces. The noarch stuff is moved
> to /usr/share.
>
> The missing files are in the package OpenOffice_org-icon-themes, see
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_10.2/noarch/OpenOffice_org-icon-themes-2.3.0.1.2-5.1.noarch.rpm
>
> It is strange. There is hard dependency on this package from the main package
> OpenOffice_org.
>
> Anyway, could you please check if you have it installed?
>
> If it is installed and the problem persists, could you please try the
> following?
>
>       rpm -V OpenOffice_org-icon-themes
>       rpm -qil OpenOffice_org-icon-themes
>

> I am sorry, I should have asked you to check this package in the beginning. I
> was mixed by your answer that all packages are installed...

The package is installed. The current version is 2.3.0.1.2-5.1
and the rpm -qil output is
Name        : OpenOffice_org-icon-themes   Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.3.0.1.2                         Vendor: openSUSE Build
Service
Release     : 5.1                           Build Date: Wed 10 Oct 2007
06:39:04 AM IST
Install Date: Sat 13 Oct 2007 09:01:43 PM IST      Build Host: build15
Group       : Productivity/Office/Suite     Source RPM:
OpenOffice_org-i18n-2.3.0.1.2-5.1.src.rpm
Size        : 24362053                         License: GPL v2 or later,
LGPL v2 or later, The non-standard licenses from
/usr/lib/ooo-2.0/THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html:
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 10 Oct 2007 06:54:59 AM IST, Key ID
3b3011b76b9d6523
URL         : http://www.openoffice.org/
Summary     : Icon Themes for OpenOffice.org
Description :
This package provides various icon themes for the OpenOffice.org office
suite.

And now I can see & have solved the problem:

In /usr/lib, I have /usr/lib/ooo-2.2 and a symlink /usr/lib/ooo-2.0
pointing to the 2.2. It seems to want .../ooo-2.0 all the way.

In /usr/share I found an ooo subdir and a ooo-2.0 subdir. I moved
whatever was in ooo ro ooo-2.0 and replaced it with a symlink, just in
case something needs it.

All this mix up dates back to a long solved fonts problem with V2.1 or
2.2, which necessitated keeping 2 versions around  until  it was fixed.

Thanks for your help - and what a grind. Even with my symlinks, things
like this should just not happen.

Regards

Daniel
begin:vcard
fn:Daniel Feiglin
n:Feiglin;Daniel
adr:;;POB 36;Shavei Shomron;Doar Na;44858;ISRAEL
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:972 9 8616204
tel;fax:972 9 8621052
tel;pager:Skype user ID: baba_danny