Carlos E. R. skrev:

The Friday 2007-10-19 at 06:51 +0200, Anders Norrbring wrote:

> but nothing gets written in the /var/log/cyrus file.. So, I suppose I > got the syslog-ng config messed up, can somebody please help?

  ?? as root:  rcsyslog restart    ??

Hehe.. Of course syslog AND cyrus has been restarted, I even tried rebooting in desperation.
Still no logging to cyrus

Maybe it's a different facility.

Also, the custom seems to name the filter named as "f_cyrus", try (so that the filter and the destination have different names). Also the custom seems to be to use the order "level and facility" - it should not matter, but sometimes syslog-ng is quite picky.

- -- Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.

That has been tried as well.... But you have a point about facility, they may have changed it, I'll take a look at the docs once again for Cyrus.

Anders.