On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:12 +0200, primm wrote:
> On Saturday 20 October 2007 16:54:19 Josef Assad wrote:
> > Kevin Dupuy wrote:
> > >
> > > I want to know who at SUSE/Novell let that splash screen leave with that
> > > ugly gray around it!
> >
> > gimp's splash is visually consistent with the OO.o splash. I think it's
> > positive to note that - even if you don't like the logo - the strive for
> > visual consistency is A Good Thing(tm).
> >

> I totally disagree. Make a splash that appeals to women. The gimp need to
> show
> what it's at, not what it's for. Men love consistency I know. Women thrive on
> variety. They make your life more interesting.
>
> When was the last time _you_ invited anyone to dinner and asked them if they
> preferred red or white?

Actually you need to have a splash screen that looks very professional
so the CEO at Bigcorp, Corp. will get the impression that the product is
very professional. I'm not saying that OO is not professional it is the
CEO that needs to be impressed so they will use it in their company.

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998