On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:15:25 -0700, Kai Ponte wrote:

>however they should be paying attention in order to know what is going on in
>the real world.

They don't have the time to do that and aren't paid for doing so. They do read
relevant lists like the KDE,  binutils,
glibc or gcc development lists.

>Most people - such as me - wouldn't know the first thing about how to report a
>bug.

That's why pages like  http://en.opensuse.org/Submitting_Bug_Reports exist.
If you want the bug you experience to be noticed by SUSE/Novell developers and
other People reponsible for the
distribution, you must report it via bugzilla.

Philipp