G T Smith wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:

> <snip>

>>> I would personally use K3b to build an ISO image but use wodim/growisofs
>>> to burn it, for some reason K3b is not entirely sane in interaction with
>>> this new set of tools.
>> Not heard of that problem on any other list. Can't deny it maybe your
>> experience, but I think you describe personal preference rather than
>> genuine fault with k3b.
>

> When wodim rather than cdrecord was adopted quite a few people had
> problem with wodim and K3b... Some re-installed the original cdrecord
> software to deal with the problems that they had with the wodim/K3b
> combination ... K3b has been unreliable for me for quite some time for
> the actual burning process ( I have been working on some perl stuff
> which seems to promising for managing wodim/mount/growisofs to burn data
> without too much grief)....

Hi,

I cannot confirm that.

I am using 10.3/32bit, installed from scratch. Recently I burned 3 sets
of the SUSE 10.3 2 doublelayer DVDs of about 6GB each.

Worked greatly with K3B, like it always did, just like a bunch of CDs
that I made yesterday.
Maybe I did not check it thoroughly, but no complaints from here.

Maybe it depend on yoour hardware. I am using a very old NEC DVD_RW
ND-3500AG, where I updated the firmware from Linux!

Btw. that made me go for another NEC, next time.

Kind regards
Eberhard