Wed, 24 Oct 2007, by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Dear All
>
> If someone knows that which software can be used to make a ghost image for
> the SUSE Linux ..

I'v used Clonezilla with XP, but it works with Linux filesystems
equaly well of course.
Also the partition copy and paste function in Gparted does what
you'd expect without problems.

> That will make me more easier to install the OS ..

And a lot faster in case of a disaster.

> I had tried to use the Symantec Ghost to make a disk to disk image,but when
> I restored the image ,the system could not be started :(

Not sure if Ghost knows (enough) about MBR info needed for Linux
boot.

> If you have some experience about this ?

Enough to know that the 'free' tools are at least as good as their
commercial counterparts.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven    Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E.     +      ICQ: 277217131