On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 14:52 +0800, Kalvin Weng wrote:
> Dear All
>
> If someone knows that which software can be used to make a ghost image for
> the SUSE Linux ..
>
> That will make me more easier to install the OS ..
>
> I had tried to use the Symantec Ghost to make a disk to disk image,but when
> I restored the image ,the system could not be started :(
>
> If you have some experience about this ?
>
> thanks

You can use the systemrescuecd ( http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page )
this distro comes with partimage ( http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page )
which is an excellent harddisk cloning tool.

partimage can also restore your mbr which is very important. The other
solution offered (mondorescue etc.) are imo more backup options then
imaging solutions

--
Regards,

Aniruddha

Please adhere to the OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette