Ben Kevan wrote:
>>> Strange..
>>>
>>> Try doing the following:
>>>
>>> mv /usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1 /usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1.old
>>>
>>> If you are running 64-Bit then run do:
>>>
>>> mv /usr/lib64/libIndirectGL.so.1 /usr/lib64/libIndirectGL.so.1.old
>>      Damn you are a genius Ben! Apparently there was already an
>> usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1.old so I just moved it to
>> usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1.old.2
>>
>>      This is awesome -- again. But, how did I get another
>> usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1 to begin with?
>>

> How did you do the installation? If re-installed using 1-Click, I think that
> may have caused it..
>
> If you just did sudy zypper install libcompizyadayada.. Then I am not sure
> why
> it would have added that.
>
> Ben..
>
> Hope your back up and running.

Ben, I have done probably 3 1-click installs and I suspect that is the
culprit. The reinstalls were done after compiz died and I did rpm -e of
the system and then reinstalled with 1-click. I suspect rpm-e does not
remove the usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1.old which led to the problem.

P.S. I'm back up and running with 3 caveats:

(1) compiz still does not autostart (fusion-icon manual start required)
        (no /opt/kde3/share/autostart/compiz.desktop created)

(2) the cube has grown. See:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshot/compiz/compiz-rotate.png
http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshot/compiz/compiz-rotate1.png

(3) all the little guys jumped out of the boat again...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC