I just set up the printer, self-test worked, connected the printer to a USB port on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. Yast spotted both the printer and the scanner. The printer test failed. I checked and found that the printer was listed as a parallel printer connected to lp0. I changed the setting to USB printer only to get the message, "No USB devices found. It seems that your USB bus is not properly configured" I changed the connection to a USB connection that works with an external storage device. Same message.

What do I do now?

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler