On Monday 29 October 2007, David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. said:
>        I have seen screenshots of compiz with a vista like right side panel
> holding the clock, calendar, system stats, etc. that I would love to
> add. The problem is that (1) I don't know what it is called or (2) where
> to look to get it. I have looked at kasbar, ksim and universal sidebar
> under KDE, but those are not what I've seen. Anyone else have any other
> ideas?

You might have seen screenshots of KDE 4 with Plasma, its framework for these
kind of applets.  I suggest you post URLs of the screenshots then someone
will ID them, though.  If it is KDE 4, it's being worked on, but try the KDE
4 live CDs that my colleague Stephan Binner produces - see news.opensuse.org

Will

--
Desktop Engineer
KDE Team