On Monday 29 October 2007, David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. said:
> I have seen screenshots of compiz with a vista like right side panel
> holding the clock, calendar, system stats, etc. that I would love to
> add. The problem is that (1) I don't know what it is called or (2) where
> to look to get it. I have looked at kasbar, ksim and universal sidebar
> under KDE, but those are not what I've seen. Anyone else have any other
> ideas?

Under gnome you would simply add a panel and move it to the right side
 right click on an open piece of the "start bar", new panel,
 right click on the new panel, properties, orientation to right
Then you have a fresh bar to put all the things you need in:
 right click on the new panel, add to panel

Neil