Jim Flanagan wrote:
> I have an ATI Radeon 9000 AGP card, and am unsure which version of the
> ATI driver I should run in opensuse 10.3. The one click method says this
> newer version 8.41.7 is good for radeon 8500 and newer. But he ATI site
> shows the older version 8.28.8 from Aug 18, 2006 to be the last version
> that supports this card. Which one should I install??

Neither one.
The new version does not support your card.

The older one does not support anything higher than xorg 7.1.

So you are kind of restricted to either use use the opensource radeon
drivers, just like I do with my Radeon 9200 :-((

Alternatively you could downgrade to a very old Linux Version with xorg
7.1, but I cannot responsibly advise you to do this.

Next time you might go for Nvidia, like I will do. :-)

regards
Eberhard