The only progress I made is that it seems to connect
to the server but the connection times out in a matter
of a couple of seconds:

smb://ctrc35/infosys/software/create

An error occurred while loading
smb://ctrc35/infosys/software/create:
Timeout on server
 ctrc35

--- "David C. Rankin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
> > I havw to move some data for analysis purposes
> from a
> > Windows server to my SuSE laptop where I feel more
> > comfortable.
> >
> > My laptop is connected via EThernet cable to such
> > network
> >
> > On a Windows box the address is:
> > \\CTRC35\InfoSys\SOFTWARE\APPLICATIONS\create
> > but such an address is not digested by Linux
> > when I feed it to the Network Folder or try to add
> > new network by Wizard.
> > Please, can someone show me the way ?
> >
> > Thank yoou in advance,
> > Maura
> >
> > Maura Edelweiss M.
> >

> In konqueror try:
>
> fish://CTRC35/InfoSys/SOFTWARE/APPLICATIONS/create
>
> it will prompt you for your username and password
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
> Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
> 510 Ochiltree Street