On Thursday 01 November 2007 20:01:58 Ben Kevan wrote:
> Your DNS isn't configured correctly. Find what DNS Servers your Windows
> machine is using and plug them into your DNS Stuff in YaST.

Sounds more like it's getting the name over netbios - gotta love the Microsoft
way of doing things

Starting nmb, opening up the netbios ports (I guess 137, 138 and 139) on the
client side firewall, and using the network browser to get to the machine
should work

Or convince the coworkers to do things the sane way

Anders

--
Madness takes its toll