Chris Arnold wrote:
> Joe Mild wrote:
>> hi Chris
>>
>> it seems that there is no kernel modul available for you controller. I
>> think you ne to load aacraid. Try to change during the installation
>> (select language oder keyboard) to console and type modprobe aacraid.
>> Have you checked the hardware compatibility list?
>> Look here http://linux.dell.com
>>
>> cu Joe
>>
> Hi Joe
> I figured that was the problem but i can not figure why SLES9 would have
> the kernel module and SLES10 SP1 does not? I have the older PERC2/SC and
> i have tried to load megaraid and megaraid_mbox and megaraid_mm and
> aacraid to no avail. I have flashed the BIOS and the RAID card firmware
> to no avail.

IIANM SLES9 uses the 2.4 kernel which supported the controller and
SLES10SP1 uses the 2.6 kernel which does not have support for the
controller. I had the same problem on my HP ProLiant ML330 G3, the
onboard controller worked with the 2.4 kernel but not the 2.6 because
LSI wouldn't port the driver over.

Ken