Billie Walsh wrote:
Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
I cannot call up Firefox with the appropriate URL when clicking on a
URL in a message in Thunderbird.  I am operating both applications
under SUSE 10.3 and KDE.  I selected Firefox and KDE entered
"mozillafirefox"  in the KDE Control Center / KDE Components /
Component Chooser / Web Browser.

When in Firefox, clicking onto e-mail addresses calls up Thunderbird's
message editor.

Am I missing a variable? Or is there something else I must do?

Thanks

dj tuchler
In Thunderbird:
Edit > Preferences > Advanced > General > Config Editor

Add new string:

network.protocol-handler.app.http

did that

then

firefox

did that

Add new string:

network.protocol-handler.app.https
did that

then

firefox

did that

Close everything out and click a link to check.

I clicked on a URL in a piece of e-mail and the hard drive light acted up and then stopped and nothing happened. I wonder if it would work better if I simply downloaded Firefox from the web and loaded it into my home directory, rather than use the SUSE-provided one?

Thanks

dj tuchler