On Fri November 2 2007 09:39:06 pm Carl Spitzer wrote:
> Suse 10.0 under gnome.
> Suddenly the screen savers do not run even if I click to a specific one
> for testing.  Under Gnome after a minute, setting is 4 minutes, I get a
> black screen not a screensaver.
>

> What config file do I hack to turn them back on?

Hi Carl,

I seem to recall experiencing this problem in GNOME on 10.0. I eventually
discovered the problem was contention between the two installed and activated
by default screensavers: one GNOME, the other a generic x-screensaver.

I can't recall the label they used for the gnome 'control center' or 'desktop
settings' icon, but it should be located in the 'System' menu off your panel.
It's the one where you can open up gnome-sessions, adjust window behaviors,
set your default fonts, etc.

hth & regards,

Carl