Sorry for the late post!

> First you should be addressing this to the mailing list and not to me
> directly. I am running opensuse 10.3 and rcautofs does not exixt on my
> system at all. I do not understand what you are talking about. I did a
> man rcautofs and id does not shown up nor is it in my /sbin.

Its symbolic link.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2007-10-30 09:31 /usr/sbin/rcautofs ->
/etc/init.d/autofs

> I usually start autofs up by doing

> /etc/init.d/autofs start

It exists.

> It looks like you have not installed the drivers properly. I would first
> suggest that you start posting the /etc/auto.master and /etc/auto.misc
> files first.

The files are here.

<snip>
rltashk:~ # more /etc/auto.master
#
# Sample auto.master file
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# For details of the format look at autofs(5).
#
#/misc  /etc/auto.misc
#/net   -hosts
#
# Include central master map if it can be found using
# nsswitch sources.
#
# Note that if there are entries for /net or /misc (as
# above) in the included master map any keys that are the
# same will not be seen as the first read key seen takes
# precedence.
#
+auto.master
rltashk:~ # more /etc/auto.misc
#
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# Details may be found in the autofs(5) manpage

cd              -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom

# the following entries are samples to pique your imagination
#linux          -ro,soft,intr           ftp.example.org:/pub/linux
#boot           -fstype=ext2            :/dev/hda1
#floppy         -fstype=auto            :/dev/fd0
#floppy         -fstype=ext2            :/dev/fd0
#e2floppy       -fstype=ext2            :/dev/fd0
#jaz            -fstype=ext2            :/dev/sdc1
#removable      -fstype=ext2            :/dev/hdd

</snip>

> another thing you are asking about the memory stick aut mounts. You
> again need to mention which desktop. I run gnome and it automounts the
> various items with no problem.

It used to work with mine from openSuSE 10.1 BUT after 10.2 and 10.3 haven't
got any luck having my USB devices auto mounted

> Which version of opensuse are you using?

Am running openSuSE 10.3 KDE.

--
Cheers,

Ronnie.