Eberhard Roloff wrote:

>> thanks anyone for your valuable input. I learned that one can really
>> benefit from compiz and indeed, I am learning to love it.
>>
>> However I found that compiz fusion on KDE/10.3/32 works rather stably,
>> but somehow from time to time, there are strange side effects. For
>> example I cannot start applications anymore (with no error message at
>> all) or that ending the X seesion takes forever and things like this.
>>
>> So I decided to have a frequent eye on it but wait with permanent usage
>> until it works as perfect as KDE already does without compiz improvements.
>>
>> Thanks again and kind regards
>> Eberhard
>>

> Hi,
>
> I reconsidered.
>
> After installing xorg 7.3, I do not have the aforementioned trouble with
> compiz fusion anymore.

I checked out compiz fusion, but in all honesty, it's not yet as nice as
beryl was. I don't get the same performance that I did with beryl, and
it's not as convenient to figure everything out. There also seem to be
some residual bugs.

So, I removed all the compiz packages and decided to go with just the
kde built-in effects, and those are actually quite nice - add
superkaramba and that is some nice eye candy indeed.

Joe