Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 11:52 +0100, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>
>> Is there anyone using some of the Compiz features daily in and out and
>> did you experience some increase in your productivity?
>>
> Eberhard,
>
> I do use Compiz-Fusion in regular basis. I have it in my laptop and
> desktop and I run under business conditions. I do presentation with it.
> The polyhedron make me more productive when I have to "compose" works.
> Can you go back to the single application Dos times?. Well this one is
> another steps beyond the 2d multiple applications in a single windows.
> The multiple desktops was the first most primitive approach. The 3D +
> transparency make very easy to use and move what you need it. (disable
> lightning to be able to see the back of the application well).
> For presentations you can have Impress going through slides and turn the
> cube and have video player showing a clip or movie etc. It opens a whole
> new area of possibilities. At home I run the laptop with mythtv wireless
> in one side and work in the other. Whenever interesting I flip the
> cube.
> Ciao
>
> -=terry(Denver)=-
thanks anyone for your valuable input. I learned that one can really
benefit from compiz and indeed, I am learning to love it.

However I found that compiz fusion on KDE/10.3/32 works rather stably,
but somehow from time to time, there are strange side effects. For
example I cannot start applications anymore (with no error message at
all) or that ending the X seesion takes forever and things like this.

So I decided to have a frequent eye on it but wait with permanent usage
until it works as perfect as KDE already does without compiz improvements.

Thanks again and kind regards
Eberhard