On Friday 02 November 2007, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> mukul wrote:
> > All those people who are trying to take this to a personal level seems
> > to have been offended by the subject line : "Bye bye opensuse". Well, I
> > did post the logs yesterday and no one bothered to have a look at it
>
> Actually, someone DID look at it, and pointed out that
> you had version discrepencies....and that's why *I*
> advised you to roll back to the previous known-to-work
> version, because that should have removed the version
> descrepencies.

or to upgrade all xorg stuff to the same version. If the OP would have read my
contribution to this thread and the comment of Anders he might even be aware
that he probably had this problem (like me) due to still having factory in
his active repositories. Rolling all xorg-x11 stuff back to 7.2 will solve it
same as upgrading all to 7.3.

> > (not that you are obliged to), but "Bye bye opensuse" has attracted a
> > variety of responses, good as well as bad.
> >
> > Anyway, I have now done a clean install of 10.3 and am keeping my
> > fingers crossed.

which is another way to solve the version discrepencies ...