How are you doing all?

I was working good on my openSuse 10.3 but them I get the updates
meanwhile I was also creating a new account to set up KDE 4 beta3, so
I don't know if it was because of the user name I chose "kde" or
because the updates didn't took place correctly.

after the updates finished I was about to switch user name, but I
turned off the computer instead, when it was loading I noticed that it
was slower than before, even the splash of compiz fusion took quit
time to disappear.

So what exactly is happening the updates or the kde user name I had created?

Thanks to all, BTW I want KDE to give it a try to TOra, and
application that I want to use with oracle 10g XE and because I just
want to try KDE I chose the same name as user name for that account
since it is recommended that way.