On Sat November 10 2007 19:08, James Knott wrote:
> Does KNetworkManager actually work with OpenVPN.  I've installed the
> OpenVPN part of KnetworkManager and trying everything I can think of,
> I cannot get it to connect.  I get an error message:

I would be interested to know, if you get it to work.
I tried it before (see messages under Subject
"user-level GUI for openVPN" on Nov. 4), but I ended up
writing a script, as Theo suggested, and allowing everyone
to run rcopenvpn with sudo without password.
The script looks like this:

#!/bin/bash

# check config file
if [ ! -e /etc/openvpn/mece.conf ]
   then
     echo "Error: Config file missing in /etc/openvpn/."
     exit 1
fi

# start or stop openvpn
if  ! /sbin/checkproc /usr/sbin/openvpn
   then
     /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/rcopenvpn start
     echo "checking OpenVPN status"
     sleep 3   # wait 3 s for connection to take place
     ping -q -c 1 -w 2 -t 10 [targetIPaddress] >&/dev/null || read -n1 -p
"Connection failed. Type any key."
     /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/rcopenvpn status
   elif  /sbin/checkproc /usr/sbin/openvpn
   then
     /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/rcopenvpn stop
fi

--
Carlos FL

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?