On Mon November 12 2007 11:48, James Knott wrote:
> > KNetworkManager does allow you to setup static address on a
> > per-card basis. For example, I set a static address for the wired
> > Ethernet, since I expect to use it mostly at home, and I left the
> > wireless card as DHCP. But ideally I would like the wireless card
> > to have a static address also at home, and DHCP everywhere else.
> >

> How do you configure a static ethernet connection?  It doesn't appear
> to be available on the configuration panel.

You are right, it can't be set in KNetworkManager.
But I set it up in YaST/Network Devices/Network Card. I set the ethernet
card as static IP and the wireless as DHCP. NetworkManager honours the
static IP, whenever I am plugged into the network.

--
Carlos FL

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?