Hans van der Merwe wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 10:01 +0100, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>
>> Hans van der Merwe wrote:
>>
>>> I just need TV-out support - apparently the ati driver cant enable it.
>>> You need the official ATI driver for it - but some report that the old
>>> Radeon cards are not supported anymore?  And the old driver wont work
>>> with xorg 7.2?
>>>
>>> What to do?
>>> Hans
>>>

> So its true? no 7.2 support for old drivers and no 9000 support for new
> ones.
> Anyone in the Cape Town area want a Radeon 9000 card :)
>
> Ye, my other machines all use nVidia cards.
> Hopefully the fact that AMD is now on the open source bandwagon will
> convince me to go back to ATI in the future.

I got my radeon 9000 to work with the "one click" method in oS 10.3. The
driver version posted at that time was 8.41.7. This worked fine for me,
but I didn't test TV out. It did run 3d nicely. I see a newer driver
version posted at http://en.opensuse.org/ati. These drivers are supposed
to with with xorg 7.2

Good luck,

Jim F