On Thursday 15 November 2007, Ken Schneider wrote:
> When using kmid to playback a karaoke .mid file I get no sound being
> sent to my sound card. It's a USB sound card so I plainly see when
> data is sent to it. This is on a fresh install of 10.3.
>
> Ken

-----------
Ken,
I haven't had much luck with kmid for a while now.  I used TiMidity for
a while, which is much better, but I'm not sure that is getting much
development time now, so I went looking for something else.

I settled on "audacious" with the fluidsynth plugin to play midi.  It's
much easier to setup without having to put the soundfonts in a special
place, etc.  It works very well.  I haven't explored the full use of it
yet, just played my midi files.  Plus, you have one program to play
much of your multimedia files!

regards,
Lee