Dear list,

hypothetically: How do I recover a software RAID 1?

It was easy to install it, using 10.3 installer. But what do I have to
do if something happens? Let's say one of two harddiscs is broken. OK,
I turn the computer off, change the broken harddisc to a working one.
And THEN? What do I have to do now? How do I get the mirrored data to
the new  disc?

Is there something like a primary and a secondary disc? Is there a
difference which harddisc dies?

Could the system keep running if I just remove the damaged disc?

Does the installer have a option for recovering RAID?

Any good documentation about RAID 1 known?

Thanks!