On Sunday 25 November 2007 03:06:21 Jim Sabatke wrote:
> Starting today, I've been getting popups in Firefox that say"
>
> # begin quote
>
> Authentication Required
>
> Enter username and password for "CCCP Operations" at
> http://graphics.pop6.com
>
> User Name: [ entry box ]
> Password:  [ entry box ]
>
> []Use Password Manager to remember this password.
>
> [Cancel]  [OK]
>
> # end quote
>
> Sometimes I have to hit [Cancel] a dozen or more times until it stops
> popping up.
>
> It doesn't seem to be happening in Opera or Konqueror.  I googled for
> it,but haven't found anything.  Is it possible I have a corrupted file
> or even some sort of virus?

No, not a virus

pop6.com seems to be an online dating service. I can only guess that
graphics.pop6.com is where they serve their graphics from. Access to it gives
a Permission Denied

My guess is that you are visiting web sites that display ads from the pop6.com
site, but because of a configuration error on their part, you are not allowed
to download the ads

Annoying, to be sure, but the problem isn't on your side, I can't imagine

Of course, it might be related to a plugin add-on you've installed in firefox
as well. Hard to tell

Anders

--
Madness takes its toll