On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 20:06 -0600, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> Starting today, I've been getting popups in Firefox that say"
>
> # begin quote
>
> Authentication Required
>
> Enter username and password for "CCCP Operations" at
> http://graphics.pop6.com
>
> User Name: [ entry box ]
> Password:  [ entry box ]
>
> []Use Password Manager to remember this password.
>
> [Cancel]  [OK]
>
> # end quote
>
> Sometimes I have to hit [Cancel] a dozen or more times until it stops
> popping up.
>
> It doesn't seem to be happening in Opera or Konqueror.  I googled for
> it,but haven't found anything.  Is it possible I have a corrupted file
> or even some sort of virus?
>
> Jim

Extremely doubtful that you have a virus, but hey, there's a first time
for everything.  :-)

I would say it s aproblem within your user identity itself.   As a test
and troubleshooting exercise, you could log in as a different user on
your machine and try out Firefox there.  See if the problem persists.
If so, its something in your user's profile.

--
---Bryen---