Per Jessen wrote:
>> A friend of mine in the UK is looking for examples of Linux and/or
>> open source being used in public administration.  I've named quite a
>> few of the German examples, but if anyone's got a list or useful
>> resources, I'd much appreciate it.  From anywhere.

Hi Per,

I've just managed to read the start of the thread :)  Here's a link that
may be relevant to your original question:

<http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39131293,00.htm>

It's quite old - 2005 - but it mentions some specific organizations that
use OSS and says:

"A new laboratory has opened in Manchester that will allow government
departments and local authorities to trial open source software in
confidence in an independent test environment."

It might be worth contacting the NCC <http://www.ncc.co.uk/> and the
various councils that are mentioned.

HTH, Dave