Sloan wrote:
Jason Craig wrote:
Sloan wrote:
Thanks, I forgot to mention that the main idea was that I couldn't use
YaST in this particular context.

How odd - I'd love to know what context that might be (boggle).

In any case, you can use one of the commands mentioned.

Joe

My playground VPS allowed me to choose from a pretty significant list of operating systems, and I decided to run SUSE to see how it behaved in a server environment. I haven't figured out why yet (I assume it has something to do with how the VPS is set up and administered by the host) but the YaST control center does not have all the same modules that are available on my desktop, System Services being one that is missing. Also, YaST has (during attempts of usage of the "Software Management" module) overgrown my limited free memory resources, and that's just no fun.

--Jason