On Monday 03 December 2007, Kai Ponte wrote:
> On Monday 03 December 2007 00:47, Tony D'Souza wrote:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > This mailing-list is pitched too high for me. Please
> > point me to any resource for OpenSUSE 10.3 which is
> > simpler to understand. (I do have elementary knowledge
> > of UNIX.) I'm hoping to migrate from WinXP to OpenSUSE
> > 100% once I'm confident enough.
>
> heck, if  a newbie like me can understand this forum, anyone can!

===========

Everything will seem easier as you use things and become more accustomed
to the terminology, but overall it will be as easy as it was for you to
learn Windows.  Remember when you had to learn that?  ;-)

One that Kai mentions, newbie, might be a good point in your emails.  If
you want to begin your emails/questions with "newbie alert", more
people will know how to approach your question in understandable terms.
There are some here that can no longer drop down to that level any
longer, but no matter, there will be helpful parts to their emails as
well.  Just ask as much as you can from what you know, providing as
much info as you can and you'll usually find somebody will have some
useful information for you.

Sometimes, because of your lack of time with Linux, you don't know the
correct question to ask, but explain what you are trying to do and
maybe what you've tried.  I think you'll find this list to be as
helpful as anything.

Lee