Hi all,

Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Randall R Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [12-03-07 20:45]:
>> So now that you've made changes, Patrick's request comes up again (make
>> the script available!).
Sure, I make it available. Find it below. It's short enough, so I
think I can post it to the mailing list.

As mentioned I start it from $HOME/.kde/Autostart to make sure it is
started only when KDE is started. It is just a one-liner named
"konsoleapps.sh" containing
    (sleep 5 && $HOME/bin/startkonsoleapps) &
.

> Or I could make the script available....
Patrick, feel free to do so. And change and adjust it as you like ...

Rgds,
  Stephan.

#!/bin/sh
###
### startkonsoleapps
###
### Script to start certain apps in KDE konsole sessions.
###
### Requires the "dcop" utility to be installed and the konsoles must
### be started with the "--script option" to enable extended features
### like sendSession. The sessions must already exist.
###

### Executable(s).
DCOP=/opt/kde3/bin/dcop

### Location of startup scripts.
KONSOLEAPPS=$HOME/.konsoleapps

### Here we go ...
### Checking for system executables.
if [ ! -x $DCOP ] ; then
   echo "$DCOP doesn't exist or isn't executable."
   exit 1
fi

### Looking for all konsoles.
for i in `$DCOP konsole\*` ; do
   ### Checking if "sendSession" feature available.
   if [ `$DCOP $i session-1 functions | grep sendSession | wc -l` -eq 1 ] ; then
      ### Function sendSession available, continue.
      ### Looking for all sessions.
      for j in `$DCOP $i | grep session-` ; do
         ### What's the name ?
         NAME=`$DCOP $i $j sessionName`
         ### If the name matches a predefined session name, launch
         ### the desired application.
         if [ -x $KONSOLEAPPS/$NAME ] ; then
            $DCOP $i $j sendSession "$KONSOLEAPPS/$NAME"
         fi
      done
   else
      ### Function sendSession not available.
      echo "Konsole $i not started with the \"--script\" option".
   fi
done

exit 0