James Knott wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
There is no need to create the swap partitions as RAID drives. The
simple solution is to use the ionice command to set the I/O priority of
all swap partitions to the same value. The kernel then treats them in a
manner similar to RAID 0. For performance reasons, you don't want
anything to slow down swap.

And what will happen, should a drive containing swap fail, while the
system is running?  Would you recommend that to someone when uptime is
critical?

If uptime were absolutely critical, I wouldn't be using
Linux or any standard Unix for that matter.  I would be
have those apps running on QNX or a Stratus server.

QNX is the only OS certified for "life and death"
equipment, such as hospital monitoring machines.

Stratus has a motto:
"What if your brakes worked only 99.9999% of the time?"

This is on a poster showing a car driving down a
twisty, winding mountain road.