The Sunday 2007-12-09 at 12:54 -0800, John R. Sowden wrote:

I had a mb die. I pulled the ide drive, put it in a usb/ide thingie (technical term), plugged it into my new box with 10.3 installed. I can access the dos partitions, but not the reiser root partition. Additionally, I read, somewhere, that the crypto system has changed in 10.3. Of course I know the key, but I am not sure of the encryption method.

In 9.3 the method changed.

Look up in the security list archive this thread:

  Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 02:06:11 +0100 (CET)
  From: Carlos E. R.
  To: OS-sec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Subject: [opensuse-security] Weird encrypted filesystem problem.

There the different encryption methods used by Yast in 9.2 and later were explained somewhat.

Basically:

twofish256:   <--- I think this was used in 9.3, not sure

  ivgen='plain'
  hashalgo='sha512'
  klen='256'
  istwofish=''

twofishSL92:

  ivgen=null
  hashalgo='sha512'
  klen='256'
  istwofish=''

twofish:

  ivgen=null
  hashalgo='sha512'
  klen=192
  istwofish=''
  hashalgo="ripemd160:20"

name=justaname
dev=/dev/availableloopdeice

losetup $dev /encriptedfileorpartitiontomount

cryptsetup create "$name" "$dev" --cipher twofish-cbc-$ivgen -s $klen -h
$hashalgo

Then, read this other thread: