On 2007. 12. 16., Sunday 11:44, Luc Willems wrote:
> On Sunday 16 December 2007 01:36:33 Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> > Samstag, 15. Dezember 2007 Luc Willems:
> > >   hello all ,
> > >
> > > if installed an "old" SB Live 5.1 card in my 10.3 suse system to led me
> > > use the waveable features.
> > >
> > > while testing the "normal" sound feature playing a mp3 , in noticed
> > > that the normal volume control in my kmix didn't work correctly.
> > > basicly , volume was controled with the "Wave Surround" mixer control
> > > instead of  Master or PCM control. I validated this with the alsamixer
> > > which had the same behaviour.
> > >
> > > both Master and PCM are not working. the boxes are connected at the
> > > back of the card to the rear speaker connection. i just use a plain
> > > sterio setup with 2 speakers.
> > >
> > > i looked around at the alsa site an mailing list , but couldn't find
> > > any sollution or even a description of the problem.
> > >
> > >   luc
> >
> > Why don't you plug your speakers into the ffsp??
>
> because , a year ago , i also used this card, then running suse 10.1 or
> 10.0 and it wasn't a issue than. I always used the "black" colered plug to
> connect my speakers as long as i used this card (since suse 9.3 and have
> run all series). always used  2 speaker setup.
>
> it' could be a hardware problem but i'm not confinced in that. because al
> functions work exept mixer controls are somehow "mixed up".
> i read on the alsa site that it is possible to "arange" the mixer control
> by reprogamming the  DSP chip so somehow i feel this seems to be
> a glitch .

I have an ASUS M2N-E motherboard with an integrated MCP55 module, using the
hda_intel driver. I have very similar symptoms, e.g. the front mic works only
when I set the mixer to record from the line input. My problem only exists
under 10.3. In the end I gave up and reverted to opensuse 10.2 where the
mixer works flawlessly.
Tom