Rajko M. wrote:
> On Saturday 22 December 2007 11:20:28 am Philippe Landau wrote:
>> Rajko M. wrote:
>>> Just remove KDE4 pattern.
>>> Look in YaST Software Management, Filter: Patterns .
>> KDE4 Base System is not enabled.
>> Here are the repositories i am using:
>> /etc/zypp/repos.d> ls
>> http:__download.nvidia.com_opensuse_10.3.repo
>> http:__download.opensuse.org_distribution_10.3_repo_debug_.repo
>> http:__download.opensuse.org_distribution_10.3_repo_non-oss_.repo
>> http:__download.opensuse.org_repositories_mozilla_openSUSE_10.3_.repo
>> http:__download.opensuse.org_repositories_openSUSE:10.3_standard_.repo
>> http:__download.videolan.org_pub_videolan_vlc_SuSE_10.3_.repo
>> http:__ftp.skynet.be_pub_packman_suse_10.3_.repo
>> openSUSE-10.3-Updates.repo
>> opensuse_edu.repo
> It looks good,
Thanks, Rajko.

> but repositories are not the place where I would start troubleshooting.
I included the file dependency error list with my original email.

> I suspect that some package, that was requested, pulled in as dependencies
> some other which ended up as KDE4 dependency problem, so first step would be
> to find offending package. Start removing packages from update list until
> problem disappear. Than you can locate what repository offered package to
> file bug report.
For the moment i solved the problem by adding the KDE4 repository and
basic KDE 4 desktop: http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4/openSUSE_10.3/KDE4-BASIS.ymp
I got a connection error, i hit retry,
but the process still aborted after retrying due to a bug
apparently not recognising my user input, several times,
but after closing yast2 it worked so far.

Kind regards     Philippe