On Tuesday 25 December 2007 06:52:05 am Philippe Landau wrote:
> Rajko M. wrote:
> > On Saturday 22 December 2007 06:07:21 pm Philippe Landau wrote:
> >> I included the file dependency error list with my original email.
> >
> > That is where I was looking, but all I can see is old bug that I
> > experienced trying to update KDE4. It was solved by removing one of
> > packages, but it was KDE4 related.

> >> For the moment i solved the problem by adding the KDE4 repository and
> >> basic KDE 4 desktop: http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4/openSUSE_10.3/KDE4-B
> >>ASI S.ymp I got a connection error, i hit retry,
> >> but the process still aborted after retrying due to a bug
> >> apparently not recognising my user input, several times,
> >> but after closing yast2 it worked so far.
> >
> > Does YaST2 works now or KDE4?
>
> Yes YaST2 works, but now i get a new conflict as shown below.
> Can i test KDE4 for you by creating a new user and login there
> too without closing my running KDE3 session ?

I know that is possible in KDE. That is how I test KDE here.
If you use new SUSE main menu, than in section (tab)' Leave' you have 'Switch
user' option. Login as another user and that is it.

It requires some 130 MB extra RAM, and switch is Ctrl-Alt-F7 and Ctrl-Alt-F8.

Though, I would rather look for libkexiv2 using Search in YaST Software
Management to see from what repo it comes. The reason is that the second part
of the message:

>libkexiv2-0.1.5-36.i586[http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:
>10.3/standard/] provides libkexiv2.so.1, but another version of that package
> is already installed.

ie. "but another version of that package is already installed." is not very
informative. It doesn't tell what package is installed and where it comes
from. When you look in YaST you can see in Version tab that information.
For Packman files it is easier to see, as information listed in version column
has pm in it.

Last time I have seen message like one below, it was installed 32 bit package
on 64 bit system, and manually deleting it solved the problem. Funny thing
was that YaST didn't complained about.
Here it might be that Packman package for digikam pulled in packman version of
libkexiv2.so.1 which is usually newer and now YaST have no idea how to solve
problem. Manually checking radio button (in Version tab) with version that
you want can solve the problem.

--
Regards,
Rajko