Hi,

Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
>>> Hello again...
>>> I still cannot open url's in thunderbird, and from there Firefox.
>>> Nor other browsers opens. I have to copy/paste.
>>>
>>> Thunderbird is version 2.0.0.9
>>>
>>> Firefox is version 2.0.0.11
>>>
>>> The problem has not always been there
>>>
>>> What could be wrong ?
>>>
>> Is gnome-open already working on your system?
>> I told you that Thunderbird is using the same function to open an URL as
>> the gnome-open utility.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
> Hi Wolfgang. I use KDE. But if I misunderstand, please tell more about
> it. Thanks!

Via PM I asked you to check if gnome-open http://some.url gives you any
success.
But that command gave you only an error message about missing libraries
IIRC.
If that's still the case, Thunderbird will never open Firefox to open
the URL. You have to fix that missing library.
So have you done what I told you in my last statement?
"So you have to install the package avahi-glib at least."

> ~> gnome-open http://www.scs-ptc.com
> > gnome-open: error while loading shared libraries: libavahi-glib.so.1:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > But I use KDE.

OK, that's the reason. gnome-open uses the very same function call as
Thunderbird to open an URL.
Even if you use KDE the requirements should be fulfilled what doesn't
seem to be the case on your system:

Hygiea:~ # ldd `which gnome-open` | grep avahi
        libavahi-glib.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libavahi-glib.so.1
(0x00002b1908901000)
        libavahi-client.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libavahi-client.so.3
(0x00002b1908b06000)
        libavahi-common.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libavahi-common.so.3
(0x00002b1908f4f000)

Hygiea:~ # rpm -qf `which gnome-open`
libgnome-2.20.0-6
Hygiea:~ # rpm -qR libgnome | grep avahi
libavahi-client.so.3()(64bit)
libavahi-common.so.3()(64bit)
libavahi-glib.so.1()(64bit)

Ignore the 64bit stuff for your system.
So you have to install the package avahi-glib at least.