Aaron Kulkis wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates (Sandy),

I have built a fresh 10.3 server, but smtp performance seems slow. Are
there any tips or tricks to improve the mail sending performance.

There aren't going to be any magic kernel settings to
make mail-handling faster.  The reason is that mail
handing is NOT a cpu-bound task, it's disk-I/O and
network-I/O-bound

Your advice isn't wrong, but doesn't really address the issue at hand. First you check your software configuration, and only then you throw metal and money at the problem.

In most cases the the configuration is less than optimal, and investing in hardware ist not going to solve the problem if the number of smtp client processes is not adjusted. You simply waste

--
Sandy

List replies only please!