Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
> David C. Rankin escribió:
>
>>      Which of these would affect or help smtp response time? Any tips would
>> be appreciated.
>>

> Care to explain where specifically the performance problem lies ? it
> takes too long to deliver ? the remote SMTP clients hang while talking
> to your server ? how much mail are you sending  ? any evidence on the
> logs ? is name resolution working correclty and at a decent speed ?

Sorry guys,

        Messages ~1000 per day, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that
when a user hits 'send' the mail take _60_ seconds to get across the
server. The mailer just sits there "sending... sending..." the whole
time. The 60 seconds suggests a screwup in configuration on my part and
a 60 second timeout somewhere, but I don't know what to check.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC