On Monday 07 January 2008 20:35:02 Bill Anderson wrote:
> The FHS document applies to Linux, not to Unix. The symbolic link of
> /bin to /usr/bin only exits in current Unix file system hierarchies. I
> just checked an AIX 5.3 system and a Solaris 10 system, both have this
> symbolic link.

Yes, I know some unix systems does it that way, but as I mentioned, it's not
permitted under the FHS

I think unix systems get away with it because they have virtually nothing
in /usr/bin, they stick just about everything in /opt, don't they. So they
can still have a small root partition, even while including /usr

Anders

--
Madness takes its toll