M9. wrote:

Aaron Kulkis schreef:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
Gates Predicts End of the Keyboard in Final CES Keynote
Like most of his predictions, this too will be wrong.

[OT] I used MS for a decade, from '94 - '04, that was 'nuff'!
I never got used to its tirannic way of notworking software, and decided
to switch once and for all...[/OT]

When technologie improves, voicerecognition will be improved, so we just
talk to get things done...
But i love my keyboard, and i do not think it will be gone totaly..
Maybe for the consumers, but the ones writing the code, a keyboard is
most convenient i think...(used to it anyway..:)

there's the whole "natural language" problem..and natural
language is ALWAYS evolving.  I don't think too many
consumers are going to be happy with voice-recognition
which doesn't keep up with the latest slang and other
verbal atrocities.